top of page
No upcoming events at the moment
- Thu 19 Jan19ThuJanSandia Film Screening @ Out-FRONT! Festival/New YorkJan 19, 12:00 PM – 6:00 PMNew York, 208 W 13th St, New York, NY 10011, USAWith rambutans as guides, two people embark on a voracious and gluttonous journey to a space that drowns them, bathes them, and carries them to a timeless universe.
- Sat 22 Oct22SatOctNew Paper Publication: Responsible Data Use/Scientific DataOct 22, 2022, 8:00 AMScientific DataA paper that I worked on with Libby Hemphill and Anmol Panda called "Comparative sensitivity of social media data and their acceptable use in research" was published in journal Scientific Data. You can access it here: https://doi.org/10.1038/s41597-022-01773-w.
- Aug 26, 2022, 9:00 AMInformation, Communication & SocietyFlorian Schaub's and my paper called "Mobile Phones at Borders: Logics of Deterrence and Survival in the Mediterranean Sea and Sonoran Desert" was published in journal Information, Communication & Society.
- Fri 19 Aug19FriAugBanana & Me/Centro Nacional de la CulturaAug 19, 2022, 8:00 PMCentro Nacional de la Cultura, WWPG+7XV, El Carmen, San José Province, San José, 10101, Costa RicaInspired by how the Cavendish banana’s sexualization has generated an incredible market for banana consumption in the US, “Banana & Me” explores relationships between Cavendish bananas and a woman.
- Sat 06 Aug06SatAugBanana & Me/Five Myles GalleryAug 06, 2022, 8:00 PMFive Myles Gallery, 558 St Johns Place Brooklyn, NY 11238An evening called "An-Humans, Over These Great Distances" of performance, original music, and short film. Co-created, and performed by Annie Wang (Held Space), Angela Schöpke Gonzalez (Banana & Me), and david yates (azimuth).
- Sat 30 Apr30SatAprBanana & Me/Center for Performance ResearchDetailsMultiple DatesApr 30, 2022, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PMCenter for Performance Research, 361 Manhattan Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11211, USASee the premiere of Angela Schöpke Gonzalez's dance theater work, Banana & Me, at CPR’s annual Spring Movement festival curated by Pioneers Go East Collective!
- Sun 18 Apr18SunAprHeld Space/Out-Front!Apr 18, 2021, 5:00 PM – 6:00 PMOut-Front!Filmed at Center for Performance Research (March 25-26, 2021). Out-Front! brings together thought-provoking & radical artists – choreographers, dancers, in collaboration with visual artists - one virtual evening. Featuring "Held Space" by Annie Wang with David Yates and Angela Schöpke Gonzalez.
- Nov 10, 2019, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PMAustin, Austin, TX, USAPresenting workshop paper, "Representing Knowledge: Academic Writing as Sociotechnical Power and Privilege".
- Oct 25, 2019, 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM EDTUM Department of Dance, Studio C, University of Michigan Department of Dance 3501 Dance Building, 1310 N University Ct, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, USAIn a reimagination of self and society that is born in tension or a cyborg space, what do our identity narratives look like? How do we exist in a space of tension? What does that space feel like? We’ll engage a series of creative exercises in this workshop to try to answer these questions.
- Sun 14 May14SunMayTwo Women, One Map/Green SpaceMay 14, 2017, 7:00 PMGreen Space, 37-24 24th St Suites 211 + 212, Long Island City, NY 11101, USAAngela M. Schöpke Gonzalez and Shannon O'Brien perform a work exploring the lives of two women, scientist Marie Curie and US Civil War soldier Sarah Edmonds.
bottom of page